Saturday, June 16, 2007

16th June - 19.5km, 90min, (Sp46.7)

Longer run today, a slightly later start than planned, but not too bad.
Drove to the corner of Maroondah and Croydon Rd, parked and headed up the hill to do a favourite loop in the anti-clockwise direction.

Almost walked up the first hill since I was barely even awake and not even close to warmed up.

From there I was just out to cover the distance, so much so I was determined not to look at my watch so that I would not use known distances to influence my pace.

Several times I tried to remind myself that it was supposed to be long and slow, but it never seemed to last long and my overall pace indicates this.

Air was cool but not too bad, only the back of my hands got a bit of chill.

This is a favourite course due to the changing scenery, from housed streets to forested creek trail to rail trail to open creek trail, gravel, concrete, bitumen, some inclines but not too severe.
Link to gmap trail here http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1051558

Mostly good run, couple of trouble sections, but was able to finish very quick from Croydon main st to the car, mostly because I was angry at myself for an earlier judgement error, so I wanted to get it over with and get home..... in hindsight it was a good indication that my endurance is slowly catching up with my better leg speed this year.

Should start to get a bit more aggressive with the long run length and duration in coming weeks, but I'll have to get going earlier otherwise I might find myself chewing up too much of the day.

A good week for me, maybe I'm getting the hang of this routine / habit caper.

1 Comments:

At 18/6/07 1:05 PM, Blogger JH said...

A fairly ordinary long run for me yesterday. I just didn't seem to hit my stride until 15k or so. On the plus side, at 23k I felt I could run another 10 easily.

Gmap route here:

Gmap route 17/6

 

Post a Comment

<< Home