Thursday, September 20, 2007

17th September, 9.5km, Vomero

Tonight was the first run with my new toy the Garmin Forerunner 205.
For those who aren't runners, its a wrist watch with a built in GPS. Not navigational, but a tracking GPS for measuring distance / speed / elevation etc. Very cool.

So for the first time in a long time I ran with a watch.....

I had enough time to figure out how to get it to chime every km, so that was interesting when running to be thinking 'surely that was a km gone??', but then other times it came around quicker than I thought.

It was supposed to be a gentle recovery type run tonight, but after I got going I could not resist attacking the hills near home. Overall it was a few ticks under 5min/km, but happy considering I only rolled down the hills.

Lower right leg seems to be better on the uphills so no stress tonight. Still just a case of getting no better and no worse. I am finding that the recovery is much better with very little residual pain after the run, only a mild reminder in certain positions.

The days are ticking by towards the big day, still feeling good but beginning to get into the mode of planning the race. I've got to get my splits fixed in my mind so there are no stuff ups on the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home