Thursday, September 20, 2007

20th September, 14km, Perseus.

I delayed the run from last night to this morning, when it began to poor with rain I was pleased about the decision.

After dropping my 5yo to kinder it was off to the Lillydale Lake for some flat ground running.
It was a strange time today, when I began running it was cold drizzly and blustery, but after a little while it was OK. I then had to determine how far to run today, it began as a 8km or 12km decision - not sure why. But then I decided that 14km or one third marathon distance at 4m55s pace would be a good idea.

If you have ever run around Lillydale Lake you will know that getting 14km out of that area without covering your footsteps too many times is tough. So I was on a mission to keep it interesting..... this was the outcome http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/australia/lilydale/150987530

I ended up with an average pace of 4m51s with the splits slowly improving without perceived extra effort. Feeling extremely confident now that 4m50-4m55 required to ensure sub 3.30 for the pace group is well within my comfort zone.

Again the lower leg was noticeable, but I would not call it pain full. It seems to get better further into the run. Today the quads felt a little heavy at about 5km but loosened up again, so I am assuming that it was a bit of lag from the hills on Monday.

I'm thinking that after Saturdays long run I might have only 1 short loosener on Sunday or Monday, then rest the week out. It might be enough to get rid of the niggle so I can go into the final week without any reservations. The work has been done now so a 5-6 day rest will not hurt. I'll decide on Saturday night.

2 Comments:

At 21/9/07 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I remember rightly, I got 12km out of Lilydale Lake and only had to do the course twice.

I went right over the back into the new area that they're opening up, which added a bit on to it.

I'll check your your map in a sec.

Sounds like you're right on target for your pacing duties.

Good luck. I really hope everything goes to plan. Hopefully will catch up with you at the end.

 
At 22/9/07 6:35 PM, Blogger jojo said...

hope the niggles go away.. i was running with Em when you called out to her today...but i didnt get a chance to say hey cos i didnt realise it was you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home