Wednesday, October 24, 2007

169 days

TW became a whole lot more real today with the arrival of the very thick information pack.

I've purchased a headlamp from the US via e-bay - Black Diamond Icon, retail $129, cost approx $68 - very happy.....or at least I will be when it arrives.
This will mean not only being able to see for the last part of the event, but I will also be able to do some off road running in the dark.

Todays run was pretty good.

So far I have been running without a plan and so far that means I have run over 12.99km for the last 3 sessions. 13.3km - 68min. 16.7km - 78min. 13km - 58min.

Started today working pretty hard up a hill to get from the Lillydale Lake to the Warby Trail, then it occurred to me that even though I'd worked pretty hard with some of my running, I have not been doing any fast/ish stuff. So I did the sensible thing and kept going faster once onto the trail - worked to sub 4.15 pace (its been a while since I've gone that quick on the flat (or slight uphill) - felt good.

Mucked around along the Mt Evelyn Aquaduct trail then back to the lake - nice downhill section here - kept the pace up.
Once closer to the lake I thought it might be nice to test the pace thing further, so I put the legs into a groove not tried for many weeks. Not wanting to run by watch pace, I held a pace that was working but not impossible to hold. At this stage I was already more than 10km into the run so fatigued a bit. Then as I do I pushed it out by adding an extra dog leg not orginally planned on. Almost 2km at 3.53m/k. Pleasing.

It feels very odd to have a race plan this far away from the event.

But also exciting from the POV that I might actually prepare properly.



Can you tell I'm not great at the whole picture thing, it was either too small or just unclear, so this is the best I could manage tonight.....

2 Comments:

At 25/10/07 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, you have a plan already???

Did you get the image out of SportTracks? For some reason it doesn't like loading satellite images in mine so I normally export to Google Earth and then cut it from there.

Where is the aquaduct along the trail? Have I missed something?

It's much more fun looking at the images when you know where someone is running as you can picture it in your head.

 
At 25/10/07 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was slightly concerned by the booklet with "read this it could save your life" on the front, I never really viewed TW as anything particularly life threatening.

I am giving me legs another 2 months "off" to fully recover from the injury before I stating chucking myself into training.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home