Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Garmin world

Well it seems that the days of using my blog to record my running stats are over.
This whole Garmin life is oh so easy.

Press start - Run - press stop - remove watch - connect to laptop - upload. Done.

While no expert, seems I am learning more and more about how to use the Sportstracks software.

An update to my small leg issue.
Tonight I ran a solid hilly 11.4km at 4m50s average - no pain / no niggle

Really looking forward to Sunday now. But I have lost my pacing partner. There is a replacement, but we had been in contact several times to determine a common goal and approach for the day. My new pacing buddy is an unknown, I know he has run a fast half at Burnley, but that is all.....

One more run on Friday (maybe), then its all go!!

If you will be there - I hope to see you and fo course good luck!!

5 Comments:

At 3/10/07 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope to see you on Sunday Clarkey.

Don't you just love Garmin world. Being able to tell at a glance how your splits are, how far you've travelled and how far you've got to go (if you've set it that way) is wonderful.

Couldn't live without Gav now.

Good luck with your pacing duties on Sunday. I'll be cheering you into the MCG.

 
At 3/10/07 5:19 PM, Blogger Andrew(ajh) said...

Glad to hear your leg is behaving!

So, where is the pretty little map of your run then ?

See you Sunday - well the back of you as you disappear into the distance anyway!

 
At 3/10/07 10:30 PM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Have a great run on Sunday Clarkey!

 
At 4/10/07 8:37 AM, Blogger JH said...

Good luck on Sunday Clarkey. Here's hoping I don't see too much of you, at least until the end!!!

 
At 18/10/07 4:05 AM, Blogger trailblazer777 said...

As I said at Transport.
Excellent job on the pacing in the Melbourne Marathon.

Yourself and Charles helped me get through the first 10km right on schedule, and avoid getting lost in the crowd at the start or going too fast in the first 5k (which I probably would have done given the excitement of the moment).

So I got my "time in the bank" for the first 10k. Thanks.

I was hoping to stay with the 3.30 pace until 21k or longer, but combination of sock and toilet breaks and not well trained enough made it too hard this time.

My first ever experience of running with pacing groups, and my first marathon outside western australia. Was a memorable day!
Hope to come back again some time in future years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home