Monday, November 19, 2007

143 days

After a couple of good (for me) weeks, I was due for a roughie.
Long run Friday of 29km was followed by, cricket, slack, slack, sore back/shoulders/neck, MIL B'day dinner, slack, slack, 24km, 21km.

So even though its a week not to be proud of, I was happy to put 2 days together at 20km+ each, undulating / hilly / trail sections, at sub5min k's.

Today, no pain or soreness etc very pleased.

Last night I ran (25deg at 9pm), with my headlamp for the first time. Its a Black Diamond Icon. a 3w led lamp. My first impression was very good. No hassles with the weight or the comfort. A few adjustments along the way but not due to being troublesome.

This piece will be very useful in the winter months or when I want to go to trails after dark rather than sticking to the roads that are well lit.

Running my favourite place (at the moment) up to Mt Evelyn via the Haig Rd trail at night was great.

So far so good..... stay tuned for my first 50km effort in the next couple of weeks. Anyone want to join me?? Even for part of it??

1 Comments:

At 22/11/07 7:38 PM, Blogger JH said...

Hmm... I didn't think there'd be a stampede to volunteer for a 50k training run.

I'd volunteer, but I have something on that day. What? You didn't mention the day? Oh, I'm busy EVERY day.

50k - are you mad?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home