Friday, November 09, 2007

153 DAYS - How embarrassment

Getting the TW newsletter telling me its 22 weeks to go, then a quick mental maths, then a ‘are you serious’ moment…..

 

Sorry to anyone putting faith in my count down….I’ll go back and fix the past entries now…..

I can only assume I missed a month in my early count – possibly due to the 29 days in February and trying to get that right.

 

Of course only a fool would suggest that I am correct this time, so if the auditors can assist and confirm my number, by mid next week we might stand a chance of getting it close…..

 

Running for me has been OK.

 

Going backwards:

Today – 29km, 2hr20m, some hills, nothing nasty. Early morning after no breaky, possibly led to feeling very tired afterwards. Remember ‘always use Sport shield!!’ Won’t forget that again in a hurry….

Wed – 9km, 4m45s pace until the last 1.3km completed at approx 3m40s pace. Middle 500m+ at 3m30s.

Tues – 16km 1hr16m (??) 4m45s pace, some hills, lots of trail along the Croydon to Mooroolbark (& beyond – next time) “Pipeline” track.

Sat – 25km, 1hr58m 4m45s. Big loop Nth Croydon – Croydon – Ringwood – Heathmont – Bayswater – Croydon – Nth Croydon. We ran this as a group over a year ago now, still a favourite loop (suburban) added a few bits to give some extra distance.

Previous – 2 runs I can’t remember and don’t have details here. Combined distance approx 29km – 1hr+each……. the trouble with Sportstracks – I don’t have to remember anything, it does it all…..I’ll find and update later…

 

So you can see that I’ve got a little bit of consistency going, 9km is the shortest I’ve run for a few weeks.

Happy I can knock out some speed even after a 7km+ section sub 5min amongst some hills. After all, even though training for longer stuff I’d hate to think the work is going nowhere in terms of leg speed.

 

 

I’ve started to map out a rough plan for getting the long runs done – after all covering 50km+ cannot happen on a whim….its amazing how quickly 22 weeks disappears when you write it down.

 

I’ve also been working on the footwear dilemma I’ve had. Due to a niggle I had doubts over the shoes I’d been wearing. But after the last 2 runs – 9km incl fast, and 29km long, wearing the ‘in theory’ worst shoes for me. As it stands right now, there is no sign of the niggle in the shin I was having, so I’m more confident now that it was a case of overuse and illness etc that led to my trouble just before MM.

 

That’s enough dribble from me….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home